Co-Superintendents: Sharon Behme, Ruth Loveless, Rita Arnett, LouAnn Heyen,
Beth Young, Renee Young, Theresa Rosentreter and Julie Leefers.
ENTRY FEE – $1.50 – ESTIMATED AMOUNT OFFERED: $1,257
Entry Fees Must Be Collected for all Entries When entry Blanks are Submitted
Premiums will be paid contingent upon the State Of Illinois having their premium fund reimbursement program in effect at the time of our fair.
PREMIUM CHECKS WILL NOT BE ISSUED WITHOUT EXHIBITORS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. NO EXCEPTIONS. (See General rules)
Specific Department Rules:
- Judges request and direct that only Superintendents (no children) be present during judging.
- If an entered exhibit is not submitted, please inform superintendent.
- Exhibitor must bring Exhibit Number and Claim Checks.
- Superintendents in each department may use their own discretion in handling entries on entry day and day of removal. Only one entry per category per person
- All exhibits must be brought in by 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 6, 2016. No Tuesday night exhibit drop off.
- All entries must be made from scratch unless otherwise specified by category
- Same product cannot be entered in both junior and open categories; must make separate entries
- No refrigerated items
- All canned goods must have been preserved within the past year. Foods packed in green or blue glass jars or odd shaped jars will not be judged. Each exhibit shall consist of pint jars with lids and rings
- Jellies must be in standard jelly glasses and must be dated and labeled with variety
- Canned goods shall be judged on quality, general appearance, color and utilization of space and must be labeled and dated.
- Bread and rolls shall be judged on appearance, size, shape, color, crust, lightness, flavor, crumb and grain. One-half loaf bread to be exhibited
- Cakes, cookies and doughnuts shall be judged on general appearance, color, shape, size, flavor, lightness, texture and moisture. Whole cakes will be exhibited. Cakes, less one slice, will be auctioned.
- Candy shall be judged on appearance, flavor and creaminess consistency. Six pieces of candy on a small paper plate in clear Ziploc plastic bag
- Baked goods are to be on a paper plate in a clear Ziploc plastic bag. Tag must be secured to plate.
- Whole pie for exhibit should be in a disposable pie plate. Pies, less than one slice, will be auctioned.
- All cakes, pies, breads and coffee cakes will be auctioned. Proceeds will be split between exhibitor and the fair.
- Exhibits may not be removed until 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, July 10.
Trophy to person living in Macoupin County exhibiting the best pie; best pie award in memory of Mary Lou Behme. All Blue Ribbon Winners will be considered for Sweepstakes offered without making entry.
Auction of Pies and Cakes will be Wednesday, July 6, 6:00 p.m. at Franke Pavilion.