Superintendents: Carol Meyer, Rosalind Bloome, Laura Mefford, Cathern Best, Wanda Dixon, Jan Cloud, George Church, and Mark Meyer.
ENTRY FEE $ 1.50 – ESTIMATED AMOUNT OFFERED: $2,442.00
Entry Fees Must Be Collected for all Entries When entry Blanks are Submitted
Premiums will be paid contingent upon the State Of Illinois having its premium fund reimbursement program in effect at the time of our fair.
Entry forms must be postmarked no later than June 29, 2016. Walk-in entry forms no later than July 1, 2016 NO LATE ENTRIES.
PREMIUM CHECKS WILL NOT BE ISSUED WITHOUT EXHIBITORS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. NO EXCEPTIONS. (See General rules)
Specific Department Rules:
- All Blue Ribbon Winners will be considered for Sweepstakes offered, without making entry.
- All flowers must be grown by exhibitors and must furnish container; no florist’s flowers should be used.
- When the exhibitor does not follow the rules, the exhibit will be disqualified.
- Exhibits should be in prime show conditions.
- Cut flowers will be judged according to suitability, coloring, relation of container to flower or flowers, and artistic appearance, and should include attached foliage, when possible. No foliage with daylilies. Daylilies 3” or smaller should be shown in the miniature categories.
- All cut flowers ONLY from the Wednesday show may be removed on Thursday from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. or before 9:30 a.m. on Friday. ALL potted plants and arrangements are to be left for display until removal on Sunday.
- Wedging (the use of an oasis, cotton, wood, foam, paper towel, etc.) is allowed in cut flower display.
- For cut flower displays of hostas, roses and daylilies, the name of the variety should be written on the back of the tag if the name is known.
- Spike – (sp) means many flowers attached by a short stem along one main central stem as gladiolus.
- Stalk – (st) is a single stem composed of a few flowers
- Double – (dbl)
- Single – (sngl)
- Color – (clr)
- Miniature – (mn)
- All arrangements must be completed prior to entering building.
- All arrangements should be newly designed each year.
- All exhibits must be brought to Art Hall by 9:30 a.m. for Wednesday and Friday shows. NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON TUESDAY EVENING.
**Special Notice: ALL CUT FLOWERS MUST BE IN CLEAR VASES OR CONTAINERS; ALL OTHERS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED! Judges must be able to count the items.